The Rocky Shore

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

And thus endeth my sojourn in the wilderness...

So here I sit at 7:17 pm, on Wednesday June 13th of 2006. I just finished my last project and have thus completed my Masters Degree. In the morning I will submit it to my professor, and will then strike out into the real world were gainful employment and mountains of student debt await me.

I would like to dedicate this post to my wife, who the three or four people who have actually been to this site know as Jilopa (she is the one in the middle.) She has been with me for the last four years of school, my last two years of undergraduate and the two years I've spent in graduate school. She could have easily asked me to not go to graduate school, and ended our poverty. In fact if she had asked me to stop I most likely would have. Jilopa never did any such thing. In fact all she has ever done is try to know what my ambitions are, and figure out how we might realize them. I would not be graduating this weekend if it were not for her.

So I would like to say two things on this Wednesday evening:

1) I love you Jilopa, thank you for loving me enough to allow me to pursue my dreams,

and 2) it is now your turn to return to school and get your Masters Degree, so lets get ready.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home